All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
July 2 to July 10, 2022
Dedication: July 2, 11:30a.m. starting at the Greg Fountain
Wells in the Making: June 27 to July 1, various times in the Cricket Pavilion on the Recreation Ground, Adlington Road
In 2022, around four are expected:
1. Greg Fountain Well Dressing at the Greg Fountain, Bollington Cross. The Fountain is on Flash Lane (B5091) near its junction with Bollington Road (B5090), facing the Cock and Pheasant pub
2. Memorial Gardens Well Dressing near the War Memorial in the Gardens at the junction of Palmerston Street and Water Street
3. Pool Bank Well in a garden off the eastern corner of Pool Bank car park
4. Clarence Mill Well Dressing outside the Cafe Waterside at Clarence Mill
5. Clarence Mill Well Dressing (until 2010)
6. Ingersley Vale Falls Well Dressing
7. Cow Lane Well
8. Drop-In Centre Well Dressing
9. Ash Brook Well Dressing
10. Ash Brook Well Dressing (2)
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Bollington is located East of the A523 Hazel Grove to Macclesfield road.
CAR: use SK10 5EJ for satnav
You may park in the car park of the Cock and Pheasant pub whilst visiting the Greg Fountain; take care when crossing Flash Lane, which is deceptively busy. For the other well dressings, you are recommended to use the Pool Bank car park in the village centre.
BUS:Mondays to Saturdays: every ½ hour from Macclesfield, every 2 hours from Stockport. Sundays:
hourly from Macclesfield.
CYCLE: The traffic-free Middlewood Way, part of National Cycle Route 55, runs through the village.