All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION
- 1. Boughey’s Well on The Flash, a small open triangle at the junction of the B5026 with a minor road through the village, just north of the Post Office
- 2. No.2 Well Dressing at a road junction on Windmill Lane, near the No.2 Well
- 3. No.3 Well on Windmill Lane, a short distance from its junction with the B5026
- 4. No.4 Well on the lane leading to Woodwall Green, a short distance from its junction with the B5026
- 5. No.5 Well (Cattery Well) on the lane leading to Woodwall Green, at a bend in the road near Croxton Cattery
- 6. No.6 Well at Woodwall Green, near the lake
The Well numbers refer to their numbers on the Heritage Trail (Boughey’s Well is No.1).
How to get there
Croxton is located on the B5026 between Eccleshall and Loggerheads
CAR: use ST21 6PF for satnav
On the afternoon of the blessing ceremony, use the signposted car park provided; at other times park on the main road near Boughey’s Well.
BUS: nearest regular bus services at Eccleshall or Loggerheads, each about 6km