All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
July 4, 2020
- Dedication: July 4, 11:00a.m.
- Wells in the Making: June 29 to July 2, various times - contact email@example.com for details.
In 2019, there were eight, together with three in nearby villages:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Market Place Well Dressings 4 dressings at the old horse troughs in the Market Place
- 2. St Mary’s Church Well Dressing at the gateway of St Mary’s Church
- 3. Tramway Village Well Dressing at the ornamental gates (not the public entrance) of the Tramway Village on Plaistow Green Road
- 4. Crich Infant School Well Dressing at the gate of the School playground, at the top of Bowns Hill
- 5. Hindersitch Lane Well at a small well on the south side of Hindersitch Lane, about 60 metres from its junction with Leashaw
How to get there
Crich is located on minor roads northeast of Ambergate on the A6.
CAR: use DE4 5DD for satnav
Usually reasonably easy to park in the village.
BUS: Mondays to Saturdays: hourly from Alfreton and Matlock, every 2 hours from Belper and Ripley; Sundays: every 2 hours from Alfreton and Matlock.