All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION - LAST DRESSED IN 2019
1. Town Well Dressing outside the Town Hall on Market Street
2. Methodist Church Well Dressing further east on Market Street, outside the Methodist Church
3. Bowden Lane Well Dressing at the junction of Hayfield Road and Bowden Lane, just off Market Street, near the Pack Horse pub
4. Bear Well on the south side of Buxton Road, a little distance below the slip road leading off the A6 from the Buxton direction (when approaching from the town centre, do not follow the signs for Buxton but take the road marked as "no through road" straight ahead where the main road bears left)
5. Nanny’s Well on the east side of Crossings Road, which runs north towards Chinley from the B5470 about 1 km west of the town centre
6. Tramps Park Well Dressing in the small park on the north side of Manchester Road, east of its junction with Crossings Avenue
7. Old Workhouse Well Dressing on the north side of Manchester Road, at its junction with Eccles Fold
8. The Lodge Well Dressing
9. Windywall Well
10. Chapel Lodge Well Dressing
11. Railway Station Well Dressing
12. Old Hearse House Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Chapel-en-le-Frith is located just off the A6 between Buxton and Stockport.
CAR: use SK23 0HP for satnav
Parking is usually reasonably easy in the town centre and at Nanny’s Well.
BUS:Every Day: at least 2 per hour to Buxton, Stockport and Manchester Airport; 2 per day to Tideswell.
TRAIN: (station about 1km south of town centre): Every Day: at least 1 per hour from Buxton, Stockport and Manchester.