- July 1 to July 6, 2017
- Dedication: July 1, 11:00a.m. (TBC) at the Main Well Dressing.
- Wells in the Making: June 26 to 30, afternoon and evening with a break for tea in the War Memorial Hall at the corner of Chellaston Lane and Weston Road. Groups please contact in advance Natasha Hyde
In 2016, there were nine:
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Main Well Dressing on the east side of Derby Road, opposite the White Hart pub
- 2. Weston School Well Dressing on the south side of Rectory Gardens, a side turning leaving Shardlow Road near the Parish Church
- 3. Women’s Institute Well Dressing outside the Yeoman House, at the junction of The Green with Manor Farm Road, near the Malt Shovel pub
- 4. The Borrowers Well Dressing in the garden of a house on The Green, immediately opposite The Smithy
- 5. Aston School Well Dressing on Derby Road near its junction with The Green, just north of the Main Well Dressing
- 6. The Smithy Well Dressings 2 dressings in the garden of The Smithy, on The Green, opposite the Women’s Institute Well Dressing
- 7. Guides Well Dressing on the north side of Rectory Gardens, a side turning leaving Shardlow Road near the Parish Church
- 8. Natasha & Amelia’s Well Dressing on the north side of Rectory Gardens, a side turning leaving Shardlow Road near the Parish Church
Map marker hidden? Click on a list item to bring its marker to the top.
How to get there
Aston-upon-Trent is located about 2km southwest of the Derby to Shardlow road, which runs parallel to the A50.
CAR: it is usually possible to park in the village, but at busy times use the car park provided.
SATNAV: DE72 2AA
This is a convenient nearby postcode that can be entered
into your car’s satnav. It is not necessarily the postcode where the
dressings are located
BUS: Mondays to Saturdays: hourly from Derby; Sundays: no service. Also at Aston Lane End (on Derby to Shardlow road about 2km north of the village): Every Day: every ½ hour from Derby, East Midlands Airport and Loughborough.
For bus services in Derby, Derbyshire and the Peak
District, see the Derbyshire Public Transport website. Various Day Tickets are available giving unlimited travel
during the day on buses (and in some cases trains) in the relevant
area. For bus services outside Derbyshire see Traveline.
These links are provided in good faith but
the compilers of welldressing.com are not responsible for their content.
Notification of broken, outdated or new links will be appreciated.
South Derbyshire District, Derbyshire, England.
© Glyn Williams 2017