All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
June 26 (evening), 2020
- Dedication: June 26, 7:00p.m. starting at St Peter’s Church.
- Wells in the Making: June 24 to 25, 10:30a.m. to 4:00p.m. in the Old School Room, next to the Church.
- 1. Village Well outside an old shed next to the restored Village Well on the east side of the main street, near the southern end of the village
- 2. Children’s Well at a pump near the bend of Spring Lane at the northern end of the village, a short distance below St Peter’s Church
- 3. Church Well Dressing in the churchyard of St Peter’s Church
How to get there
Elmton is located about 3km southwest of the A616 Sheffield to Newark road at Creswell; about 2km east of the B6417 Pleasley to Clowne road.
CAR: use S80 4LS for satnav
Parking is usually reasonably easy, either in the village or just outside.
BUS: nearest bus stop at Elmfields, on the edge of Creswell village (about 1.5km). Mondays to Saturdays: every ½ hour from Chesterfield and Worksop. Sundays: hourly from Chesterfield and Worksop.
TRAIN: at Creswell station (about 2.5km): Mondays to Saturdays: hourly from Nottingham and Worksop; Sundays: 4 services per day from Nottingham and Worksop.