All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
August 27 to September 4, 2022
Dedication: August 27, 2:30p.m. starting in St Lawrence’s Church.
Wells in the Making: August 23 to 26, from approx 10:00a.m. at various locations in the village, follow the signposts.
1. Town End Well Dressing on The Square at the eastern end of the village
2. Children’s Well Dressing near the Town End Well Dressing
3. Town Head Well Dressing at the western end of the village, a little way along a lane on the north side of the main road
4. Mompesson’s Well
5. Sheep Roast Well Dressings
6. Water Lane Well Dressings
7. Hall Hill Well Dressings
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Eyam is located about 0.5km north of the A623 Baslow to Chapel-en-le-Frith road, about 1 km west of Stoney Middleton.
CAR: use S32 5RB for satnav
The village gets extremely busy during the Bank Holiday weekend and you will be well advised to arrive early or late. At other times, there is adequate on-street parking or a public car park off Hawkhill Road.
BUS:Tuesdays to Saturdays: at least every 2 hours from Buxton; every 2 hours from Sheffield; about 5 per day from Baslow. Sundays and Bank Holiday Monday: 3 per day from Buxton and Sheffield.