All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Bath Gardens Well Dressings five dressings in the Bath Gardens, the public gardens on the north side of Rutland Square (near the Royal Bank of Scotland).
- 2. Garden of Remembrance Well Dressing in the small Garden of Remembrance leading off the Bath Gardens
- 3. Buxton Road Well Dressing at the junction of Buxton Road and Bath Street
- 4. All Saints Church Well Dressing on South Church Street, next to one of the entrances to the churchyard
- 5. Butter Market Well Dressing in a small paved area on the north side of King Street
- 6. Churchyard Well Dressing in the churchyard, near the south door of All Saints Church
A separate dressing is sometimes made as part of special events in All Saints church.
How to get there
Bakewell is located on the A6 Derby to Buxton road.
CAR: use DE45 1BT for satnav
The car parks are always busy, especially at weekends and on Mondays (market day). You will be well advised to visit early or late in the day.
BUS: Every Day: regular services to Derby, Buxton, Chesterfield, Sheffield and various local destinations.