All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
June 3 to June 11, 2022
Dedication: June 3, 3:00p.m. starting in the Garden of Remembrance.
Note: This dressing for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee was in addition to the main Bakewell Well Dressings, taking place on a different weekend. Apologies for not notifying this event in advance, it had not been drawn to the attention of welldressing.com.
June 25 to July 2, 2022
Dedication: TBA starting in the Garden of Remembrance.
In 2022, there were 9, including 4 small dressings inside All Saints church:
1. Bath Gardens Well Dressings two dressings in the Bath Gardens, the public gardens on the north side of Rutland Square (near the Royal Bank of Scotland).
2. Garden of Remembrance Well Dressing two dressings in the small Garden of Remembrance leading off the Bath Gardens
3. All Saints Church Well Dressing on South Church Street, next to one of the entrances to the churchyard
4. Buxton Road Well Dressing
5. Explorers’ Well Dressing
6. Butter Market Well Dressing
7. All Saints Church Flower Festival
8. Bakewell CE Primary School & Explorers’ Well Dressing
9. Dagnall Gardens Well Dressing
10. Bakewell CE Primary School & Messy Church Well Dressing
11. Bakewell CE Primary School Well Dressing
12. Churchyard Well Dressing
13. Bakewell CE Primary School Well Dressing (until 1996)
14. Recreation Ground Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
A separate dressing is sometimes made as part of special events in All Saints church.
How to get there
Bakewell is located on the A6 Derby to Buxton road.
CAR: use DE45 1BT for satnav
The car parks are always busy, especially at weekends and on Mondays (market day). You will be well advised to visit early or late in the day.
BUS:Every Day: regular services to Derby, Buxton, Chesterfield, Sheffield and various local destinations.