All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
- Alternative event from June 19, 2021
- Note: The usual event will not be held this year, instead there will be a scarecrow trail and decorated houses, possibly including a few small Well Dressings.
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. Village Well Dressing on Fountain Square, near the main bus stops and public conveniences on Queen Street
- 2. Churchyard Well Dressings 2 dressings in the churchyard of St John the Baptist Church
- 3. Swans Gate Well Dressing outside Swans Gate on Sherwood Road
How to get there
Tideswell is located on the B6049 between its junction with the A6 (about 2km west of Taddington) and the A623 Baslow to Chapel-en-le-Frith road at Lane Head (The Anchor pub).
CAR: use SK17 8NU for satnav
A car park may be provided at busy times, but it is normally possible to park on the road just to the north of the village.
BUS: Mondays to Saturdays: at least every 2 hours from Buxton; every 2 hours from Bakewell, Castleton and Sheffield; about 5 per day from Baslow. Sundays: 3 per day from Buxton and Sheffield.