All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
FORMER WELL DRESSING LOCATION
1. Hands Well at the north end of the village, near the Post Office
2. Children’s Well on Rakes Lane, nearly opposite Hands Well. A small additional dressing located nearby.
3. Hall Well opposite Tissington Hall
4. Yew Tree Well at the south end of the village, near the start of The Avenue leading to Tissington Gates
5. Town Well at the eastern end of the Village Green, near the duck pond
6. Coffin Well in the garden of a house on Chapel Lane (follow the signs via a footpath from the Town Well)
7. Pre-School Well Dressing
8. Town Head Farm Well Dressing
9. Car Park Field Well Dressing
10. FitzHerbert School (Fenny Bentley) Well Dressing
11. Kindergarten Well Dressing
12. Louise’s Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Tissington is located to the east of the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton road, north of Fenny Bentley.
CAR: use DE6 1RA for satnav
Follow the signs from the main road. During the Well Dressings, a one way system operates in the village, and there is no parking on the roads (except for disabled). The signs direct you into a large field which acts as a convenient car park (there is a small charge) from where you can walk around the village in comfort.
BUS:Mondays to Saturdays: roughly hourly from Buxton and Ashbourne. Sundays: 3 every 2 hours from Buxton and Ashbourne.
CYCLE: the Tissington Trail (traffic-free National Cycle Route 68) passes the village.