All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
June 25 to July 1, 2023
Dedication: June 25, 2:00p.m.
Wells in the Making: June 23, during the day in Grove Lodge at the Derby Arboretum
Up to five:
1. Arboretum Well Dressings several dressings, initially in the Community Garden near Loudon Lodge in Derby Arboretum. May be moved to the Orangery depending on weather conditions. Only accessible when the Arboretum is open (8:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. in June and July)
2. Market Place Well Dressing
3. Cathedral Well Dressing
4. Pickford’s House Well Dressing
5. St Alkmund’s Well
6. Quad Well Dressing
7. Royal Crown Derby Well Dressing
8. Tourist Information Centre Well Dressing
9. Déda Well Dressing
10. Central Library Well Dressing
11. Market Place Well Dressing (until 1999)
12. Local Studies Library Well Dressing
13. Furthest From the Sea Well Dressing
14. The Sanctuary Well Dressing
15. St James Street Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Derby is located on the A6, A38 and A52 roads, close to the A50 and M1.
CAR: use DE1 3AH for satnav
Use city centre car parks or Park & Ride.
BUS: frequent services from most surrounding parts.
TRAIN: (station about 1km south of the City Centre, connecting bus services operate): frequent services, including various through trains from London, Leicester, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Nottingham, Matlock, Burton-upon-Trent, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Paignton, Plymouth, Penzance, Bournemouth, Brighton, Stoke-on-Trent, Crewe, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Newark, Grantham, Skegness, Lincoln, Grimsby and Cleethorpes