All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
Alternative event from July 24, 2021
Dedication: July 24, 11:30a.m. at the Main Well Dressing.
Note: There was no Well Dressing this year, instead a banner was displayed on the Village Green as in 2020.
In 2019, there were eight:
1. Main Well Dressing on the east side of Derby Road, opposite the White Hart pub
2. Weston School Well Dressing on the south side of Rectory Gardens, a side turning leaving Shardlow Road near the Parish Church
3. Women’s Institute Well Dressing outside the Yeoman House, at the junction of The Green with Manor Farm Road, near the Malt Shovel pub
4. Clarke’s Lane Well Dressing at the junction of Clarke’s Lane and Manor Farm Road
5. Aston School Well Dressing on Derby Road near its junction with The Green, just north of the Main Well Dressing
6. Guides & Brownies Well Dressings 2 dressings, on the north side of Rectory Gardens, a side turning leaving Shardlow Road near the Parish Church
7. The Smithy Well Dressing in the garden of The Smithy, on The Green, opposite the Women’s Institute Well Dressing
8. Aston School Well Dressings (until 2012)
9. Guides’ Well Dressings (2012)
10. Dame Catherine Harpur School Well Dressing (2005 - 2007)
11. The Smithy Well Dressing (until 2013)
12. Guides’ Well Dressings (2008)
13. Aston School Parents’ Association Well Dressings (2006 - 2007)
14. Aston School Parents’ Association Well Dressing (2001 - 2003, 2005)
15. Aston School Parents’ Association Well Dressings (2004)
16. Dame Catherine Harpur School Well Dressing (2004)
17. Pre-School Playgroup Well Dressing (2002)
18. St Martin’s School Well Dressing(until 2007)
19. The Borrowers Well Dressing
20. Scouts’ & Guides’ Well Dressings
21. Scouts & Brownies Well Dressings (2013)
22. Post Box Well Dressing
23. Scouts, Guides, Brownies & Beavers Well Dressings (2014)
24. Guides Well Dressing
25. Natasha & Amelia’s Well Dressing
26. Aston School Reception Class Well Dressing
27. Rectory Mews Well Dressing
28. Richmond Village Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Aston-upon-Trent is located about 2km southwest of the Derby to Shardlow road, which runs parallel to the A50.
CAR: use DE72 2AA for satnav
It is usually possible to park in the village, but at busy times use the car park provided.
BUS:Mondays to Fridays: approximately every 2 houra from Derby; Saturdays and Sundays: no service. Also at Elvaston Lane End (on Derby to Shardlow road about 2km north of the village): Mondays to Saturdays: every 20 minutes, Sundays: every ½ hour from Derby, Loughborough,
Leicester and East Midlands Airport.