All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
- June 24 to July 2, 2023
- Dedication: June 25, 7:00p.m. starting at St Peter’s Church.
- Wells in the Making: June 21 to 23, various times in Loxley Hall, on the Market Place.
Show Past Well Dressings
- 1. St Peter’s Church Well Dressing against the wall of the churchyard on Market Place, facing along Hathersage Road
- 2. Hope Valley College Well Dressing outside the College, on Castleton Road near the railway bridge
- 3. Edale Road Well Dressing on the west side of Edale Road, about 50m from its junction with Castleton Road
- 4. Hope Primary School Well Dressing outside the School, at the junction of Edale Road and Eccles Close
How to get there
Hope is located on the A625 Sheffield to Castleton road.
CAR: use S33 6SB for satnav
The small car park is hopelessly inadequate at busy times. You can normally park on Castleton Road, although possibly some distance from the village centre.
BUS: Mondays to Saturdays: at least 1 service per hour from Sheffield and Castleton; 5 per day from Bakewell. Sundays: hourly from Sheffield and Castleton; 3 per day from Bakewell.
TRAIN: (station about 1km east of village): Every Day: every 1 to 2 hours (Saturdays hourly) from Sheffield and Manchester.