All about Well Dressing in the Derbyshire tradition
August 16 to August 20, 2023
Dedication: August 16, 6:30p.m. at St Lawrence Church.
Wells in the Making: August 10 to 15, various times on site.
Three, all on the B6051:
1. Old Pump Well Dressing opposite the junction of Wilkin Hill, near St Lawrence's Church and the Peacock pub
2. Valley Rise Well Dressing in Commonside, at the junction of Valley Rise, opposite the Tickled Trout pub
3. The Small Well Dressing outside the Village Hall
4. The Small Well Dressing (until 2021)
5. The Smallest Well Dressing
Show Past Well Dressings
How to get there
Barlow is located on the B6051 about 6km northwest of Chesterfield.
CAR: use S18 7TD for satnav
It is usually easy to park at either end the village. If you are pressed for time, or if any of your party have difficulty walking, you may wish to take the car from one well to another.
BUS:Mondays to Saturdays: hourly from Chesterfield, every 2 hours from Holmesfield; Sundays: 4 services per day from Chesterfield, Holmesfield and Bamford with some services continuing to / from Castleton.